PMDG have released the long awaited 737NGX for P3D v4! as well has some minor updates for the 747 and 777 series, the post from PMDG reads…
Tonight for the first time in company history, we have pushed updates to three product lines simultaneously. Both the 777 and 747-400 received minor updates, and the NGX received it’s fist major update in 18+ months as well as the addition of the awaited Prepar3D v4 compatibility.
Instructions to receive ALL of these updates are as follows:
UPDATES ARE AVAILABLE FOR:
- PMDG 747-400 QOTSII for [FSX, FSX-SE, P3D v3, P3D v4]
- PMDG 777-200LR for [FSX, FSX-SE, P3D v3, P3D v4]
- PMDG 777-300ER for [FSX, FSX-SE, P3D v3, P3D v4]
- PMDG 737-8900NGX for [FSX, FSX-SE, P3D v3, P3D v4]
HOW TO UPDATE:
- Uninstall the currently installed product. (YES. YOU. MUST. DO. THIS.) [it is not necessary to de-activate your license… just uninstall the airplane using the add/remove component in windows!]
- Log into your account at PMDG eCommerce and navigate to your order history.
- Download the full installer for the desired product.
- Run said installer. (Run-as-admin is always a good idea, while we are talking about it!
Following these simple instructions will get you the latest and greatest for your product line.
WHAT WE CHANGED:
- Some stability fixes were introduced across all platforms. We discovered ways that other products can interrupt the flow of data between our product and simConnect- and we have taken steps to prevent the disruption.
- Some further installation-based stability fixes to make sure we get everyone up and running in a stable fashion.
- Some efficiency tweaks to various aspects of all platforms, but particularly Prepar3D v4.
- a bunch of other stuff that I just can’t keep straight in my head…
SPECIAL NOTAM: For reasons I am unable to determine, the PMDG Operations Center is reporting the incorrect version number for the PMDG 737NGX in FSX-SE. For now- if you have FSX or FSX-SE, go ahead and grab the new installer and you will have the latest… I’ll get that sorted out soon enough.
AEROSOFT CUSTOMERS: Aerosoft will have udpates available for you during the day Wednesday. It might take them a few hours to get them downloaded and situated, SO BE PATIENT AND POLITE. (Seriously… any nastiness and we will have you sent to the Chief Pilot’s office for a dose of how-to-behave… Nobody wants that… so be nice.)
WHAT NEXT?: PMDG 737-6700NGX later this week and the PMDG DC-6 Cloudmaster next week!
What a summer this has been…