Finally, an A319 for X-Plane! Its been a long wait but X-Plane is finally getting an A319. The developer has revealed the project along with some previews, in the statement, it is mentioned that some beta testers are needed for the aircraft as the release approaches…
It is with great pleasure that I can finally announce the aircraft I’ve been working on for the past years – the ToLiSs A319.
What is the ToLiSs A319? We have inherited the FBW and AP system from the QPAC A320 and have added a completely new FMGS to it. This we combined with a 3d model from Roman Berezin (whom you know from flight factor.)
What’s the status of the aircraft? It’s almost finished. The biggest portion of the work went into the FMGS. I know a lot of you who are waiting for the A350 upgrade would have liked to have frequent status reports, which I did not do. The reason for that is simple: very quickly into the work on the FMGS I found out that it is practically impossible to predict how long this work would take. So any deadline I set myself I missed, simply because there is so many different combinations to test until your code really works. We have tested simple flight like KMIA to KSFO or EDDH to EDDF, then we went to more interesting stuff: Traffic circuits around cape town (FACT) which has holdings and procedure turns in the approach, flights around St Marteen (TNCM) which requires flying DME-Arcs, and finally we went to places like Tegucigalpa (MHTG) for a nice RNP approach or La Paz (SLLP) for high altitude operations. And finally everything works the way I want it to and we can start beta testing.
The next step in the project is to look for beta testers. If you want to become a beta tester, please fill this survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BW2KFJP From all answers we will select a group of people that gives us testing on Windows, Mac, Linux, people with and without joystick, with and without experience etc. Note that there are no right or wrong answers (except the Airbus knowledge section, but again: I also look for people that do NOT have Airbus experience, I just want a nice mix.)
If you want to know more details on the product, here is the associated project website: https://www.toliss.com
And here is a quick list of features:
- Detailled FMGS with SID/STAR (support for ALL leg types), top of climb, top of descent, idle descent profile with economic speed, wind, holdings, step altitudes, airways, etc.
- Top notch electro-mechanical systems – these we inherited from QPAC A320 and tweaked where required.
- Custom sounds: You get good custom sounds out of the box.
- Improved usability: We have fully functional situation loading saving – wnat to continue your flight tomorrow? Just save it and continue in exactly the same spot, exactly same configuration another day. We also autosave every 5 minutes, should x-plane ever crash.
- Tons of more stuff on the website.
And finally of course a few screenshots, again, more on the website: